We’re very proud that our trainees complete the Teacher Training course with very high credentials and we have a 100% completion rate. Since 2014, 100% of our trainees achieved at least a good grading, of which over 80% received outstanding.
- 2014-2015 100% achieved a ‘Good’ grading, of which 80% achieved ‘Outstanding’ and 100% were employed in readiness for start of the new school year
- 2015-2016 100% achieved an ‘Outstanding’ grading, one trainee decided to widen her educational experience and look toward a pastoral/welfare role, of the remaining trainees – 100% of trainees were employed in readiness for start of the new school year
- 2016-2017 100% achieved a ‘Good’ grading, of which 80% achieved ‘Outstanding’ and 100% were employed in readiness for the start of the new school year.
- 2017-2018 100% achieved an ‘Outstanding’ grading and 100% were employed in readiness for start of the new school year
- 2018-2019 100% achieved an ‘Outstanding’ grading and 100% were employed in readiness for start of the new school year
My favourite thing about teaching is building relationships with the children, which I think is the most important thing. I love seeing the children progress and develop – every day is enjoyable and different too. I go home with a smile on my face, the job is so rewarding. Balancing the university side and the teaching side was a challenge at first. Particularly juggling assignments while also trying to improve my teaching. However, I managed to align my priorities and… Hear more “Collette, School Direct Trainee”
My placement A mentor was amazing, she was patient and nothing was too much trouble. She was a great person to guide me through and also to push me when I needed it. I couldn’t have done it without her.
My favourite thing about teaching is seeing the impact on the children. Every day is different and fast-paced. I really enjoy teaching Maths, but I like to teach all subjects. I’m looking forward to having my own class and really seeing them grow and develop. The most challenging part of the training for me were the assignments and the paperwork. Planning took me a lot of time at first. I feel that I can balance the workload more. The support… Hear more “Rob, School Direct Trainee”
The children are absolutely my favourite thing about teaching, building the rapport and the relationships is my passion. I love the mornings when they first come in and have so much to tell you. They’re so fresh and excited and want to share what they have been doing. It’s really lovely that they want to share that with you. The first term was tough and I really didn’t know how I was going to get through it. I struggled at… Hear more “Abbie, School Direct Trainee”
Inspirational as always! Feel so motivated and ready to try out new ideas! The whole day is well organised and implemented effectively! Thank you Jayne and Liz!
Thank you for such a positive experience, I have grown in confidence as a teacher and leader.
Teaching is so rewarding and I love how every day is different- you never know what’s going to happen that day. At first during my training I found it difficult to manage the workload and prioritise. I was working long hours at first, especially when planning for lessons. I found things much easier once I was into a routine of a school and I learnt to take every day as it comes. I much preferred the work and routine in… Hear more “Emma, School Direct Trainee”